Sunday, December 19, 2010

Best video camera for creating website and youtube videos.

My last post talked about that most video cameras will work fine for shooting videos for your website. I also mentioned that the sound and lighting is usually the problem for poor website and YouTube videos. I'm still being asked if I had to choose one camera to buy for creating videos for websites what would it be?


Ok, here is my answer. For the average small business owner who wants to start shooting videos I say buy the "Kodak Zi8" pocket video camera. Why I like this camera is because it has a lot of the same features as a professional camera. You can shoot full HD 1080 as well as 720p 60 frames per second which will give you a great slow motion recording. Another must feature is image stabilization. I can't believe most flip cameras don't have image stabilization! What sets this camera above all the rest is it also has a connection to plug in an external microphone. I'll post what kind of microphones to buy in future posts but it's better to buy a camera where business owners can grow into than buy the wrong product and then have to spend the money twice.

Unfortunately they are no longer making the Kodak Zi8. You can still buy it at Amazon but because it was such a unique and valuable camera the demand for the last few available has made the price go up. If you want a simple camera to use but very powerful I'd pick one of these last few up.

Another great thing about this camera is the battery and SD memory card can be removed or replaced. A lot the cameras have internal batteries that can't be removed. If the battery dies in those your camera is dead. The Zi8's battery can be replaced and it just keeps on going. That is why I'm adding it to this blog as my pick for the "Best camera for website video production".

This camera would be a great way to keep your costs down even if you passed the footage along to a professional video company for editing. Just remember to use a tripod for most shooting!

More great cameras and video gear recommendations to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment